Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A mind blogging question

I was recently reading the status updates of my friends in Facebook and there's this one that caught my eye and without delay my thinking light started to flicker.

"If you found out you only had 6 months to live...what would you change about your life? What would you do differently?

This question really linked very well to my blog theme: Live as if you were to die tomorrow.

What a happenstance (I love this word, its synonym to coincidence)! Hmmm...but what and how would I change about my life, I never really had paid any attention about that till...today maybe?.
These are the things that I might do if I was given only 6 months to live:

1. Acceptance
Then start to whine, curse, shout, get angry and cry as much as I can till there are no more tears left. I need to be prepared emotionally and mentally 1st so that I can be strong and move on to the next item on the list.

2. My own version of "bucket-list"
I got this inspiration from the movie The Bucket-List acted by 2 legendary actors Jack Nicholson & Morgan Freeman.
My Favorite Quote from the movie is “We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round”

3. I quit!
After 6 months they would definitely need to find a replacement, furthermore having a job might restrict me in fulfilling my bucket-list.

4. Paid for
Pre-arrange my funeral arrangements and maybe get it all paid and taken for, so that my family would not need to be troubled about it when the time comes.

5. Quality Time
Spend time with each of my family member and friends. Recollection of the good & bad times that we had shared and telling each one of them how they were significant in my life.

6. “Fat Tuesday” everyday
Eat food or delicacies that I have always longed for and don't even have the guts to eat before. The best part I don’t even have to worry about gaining weight or even the amount of calories intake.

7. Around the world
Travel to places that I have always wanted to go to, it might be a short trip, but that's ok. (I’m counting my days anyhow). Just like Queen Latifah in The Last Holidays.

8. Me,Myself & I
Write an autobiography of myself, everyone needs a little “The Life of ….” memoirs. This way I would still hold a place in my family tree for the future generations. Or at least do a voice recording; so that my family will be still able remember me and my voice.

9. Dear Loved Ones
Write a couple of letters to the people that I love, I prefer the traditional way: paper and pen.

10. Fear Factor.... NOT
Do bizarre things or even extreme adventures (well... I'm going to die in 6 months anyway, so what does it matter if it happens earlier, and that also while I'm either skydiving or swimming with the sharks. That's why this was placed the last on my list.)

Last but not least, I would do something (I'm not sure what it would be yet), that I would be remembered for but not regretted by. Something that would be beneficial to others.

I know it is easier to be said then to be done, that's why I have already started making and checking off my list by starting to look up at the sky and feel the sunshine on my skin (Just like the song "Feel the rain on your skin, no else can feel it for you" - by Natasha Bedingfield)

or at least the chill from the winter snow for now!

Live as if you were to die tomorrow!

Watch Natasha Bedingfield "Feel the Rain on Your Skin" : http://www.youtube.com

2 comments:

  1. interesting.... =)
    ur sis,
    radha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, who exactly is giving you 6mts ?? If someone told me i had 6mts -i'd kill them first !! :-)) Nevertheless, Poor Gandhi-ji not "Ghandi" as you Malasian Indian from Malaysia but from India... just creating more confusion ..confused ...now that makes 2 ..you and me !!!

    ReplyDelete